Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving on the Mountain

The crew and appetizers...waiting for the turkey.

Our hostess, Amy, hard at work.

The boys...
Annie, brown dog, waiting for something to fall.

A beautiful clear day. Also meant it was frickin' cold out there with the wind blowing us sideways on the mountain.
2-3 feet of snow on the mountain where we went to chop down the tree. Loads of fun for about 3 minutes until I couldn't feel my fingers or toes, and I got stuck in a hole. On the waydown...wiped out on the ice and now icing my bum.

Annie, snow dog. I still don't understand how she isn't cold.

The tree crew.

Very windy conditions, blowing snow and numb toes made for a poor photograph. Sorry. Nice shot of eric's pants while cutting down our tree. The tree is different from what we usually have, reminds me of a mountain christmas tree. Kitty has already tried to drink from it and scale it. Completely fascinated with the moving branches.

The drive in on Thanksgiving Day.

A Thanksgiving Day hike by the rushing mountain stream, very cold.


Amy and Junebug.

The table setting - notice the beautiful centerpieces? Handmade by me! Complete with hollowed out munchkin pumpkins with tea lites. Very martha.

Thanks to the Phelps for the beautiful mountain setting.

No comments: