Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snowshoeing Mt. Hood

Well we left Minnie with Matt and Abby for a fun doggy weekend and Eric and I headed up to Mt. Hood to try some snowshoeing. The pain from the last time evidently had faded in my mind enough to attempt it again. I thought I was being smart and picked a shorter trail with a nice trek to Mirror Lake. No one said the lake was up trail 2 miles. A very steep 2 miles.

The end of our trip. Note who is behind taking the pictures. Eric was a good 1/4 mile ahead on the way up and back. I need to get back in shape.

There was supposed to be a beautiful view of Mt. Hood but the fog had rolled in. I didn't even know we had made it to the lake.


This was the start of our adventure, crossing a footbridge over the rushing Sandy River. I still was optimistic at this point.


Eric in his new dri-fit gear underneath. Need to try that stuff. Though it was funny when steam rose from his back....

No comments: